Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Rough

Yesterday was a very hard day. My dad is breathing pretty much on his own now (he does still have the ventilator to keep his airway open) but in the afternoon his breathing became much more labored and the shaking got worse. He is still not maintaining his own temperature and if they don't keep him cool, he gets very hot.

It is very difficult to watch Dad when he looks like he is struggling or in pain and this continued into the evening. By 9:00 he was struggling with a high heart rate, high BP, high respirations and unfortunately, a high pressure in his brain. I left early last night as the emotions and heartache are definitely starting to take their toll.

They also discovered that the blood clot in his left leg is very large. Vascular surgery came to see him and have decided to leave it alone at this point, as they cannot treat it with anticoagulants due to the brain bleed.

Dad had an MRI last night which should give us a lot more information about what has happened in his brain and what we can expect from him. We are very nervous for the results of this, but ready to hear the news either way.

It's looking like today could be a very trying and emotional day for my family. I have begged you all before, but please keep us all in your prayers. Especially my Mom, who is the strongest woman I know but could definitely use the comfort and love that can only come from our Father in Heaven.

9 comments:

  1. My thoughts and prayers are with you all. I am an old friend of your moms (we grew up together) and your dads. We all appreciate you doing this blog to keep us updated and this will save you a million questions, phone calls and texts to everyone and this way you can spend more time on your dad and your family. Again please give your mom a hug from me and love and prayers are sent all your way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you all. Thank you for doing these posts. I pray you will be comforted throughout this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is heart wrenching to read. We love you all and are praying for your dad and your entire family. I can't even begin to imagine how difficult this is. Our hearts go out to you all at such a difficult time. We love your family, and they continue to be such a great example of family devotion and strength.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for the updates. I can't imagine how hard this for you. I don't even know what to say, except that we are praying for everyone's comfort and peace and especially for Judd. I love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for your updates. I pray your family may be strengthened and comforted through the arms of our Heavenly Father

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lots of prayers coming your way! I sure love your family and your Dad. Hugs to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tears roll down my face as I read this post and I am very sorry that you are having to go through all of this. The emotional toll this takes on family is just sometimes overwhelming, but you know your Father would not want any of you kid's to fall apart. He is being as strong as he can right now and you all have to do the same. There were times when my Linda was having a horrible day and I felt like I just could not take watching anymore, You have to take mental breaks as well. Taking care of you will mean bieng able to take care of him. One of our sayings was "You never know how strong you are until strong is all you have!". The U. Of U. has some of the most amazing Doctors and Nurses we have ever seen. Please know we are here for you and we pray that with each day your Dad will make improvements. This is a slow crawl, not a sprint.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for the updates. Please know that you and your family are in our thoughts and prayers. Your dad is an amazing man. I for one know that he is a great person.

    Kelli Harmon (Daw)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for posting. You are all in our prayers continually. May peace and comfort be with you all at this time. Be tough...it will all work out. Love to you all.

    ReplyDelete