Sunday, March 17, 2013

Miracles

Miracles happen. This Sunday morning I am so humbled and grateful for the many blessings and miracles we have witnessed as a family this week. Today my dad is much more aware of us. He is shaking his head in response to questions, moving his feet and legs and even squeezing our hands occasionally. Tuesday evening I had sorrowfully accepted in my heart that my dad would most likely not survive this horrible nightmare. I wept throughout the night as I relived our precious family memories. I looked at pictures of him, focusing on details like his rugged farmer hands, sun kissed skin and kind eyes as I agonized over how I could ever continue life without him. Today he is reminding me of the qualities I admire the most about him: his strength, determination and focus.

The physical ailments of his body are still there. His blood clots, lung infection and temperature problems remain but his mind is healing. And for that I am eternally grateful. We have a very long way to go and we are not out of the woods, but this sabbath we are all praising our Heavenly Father for giving us back the refreshing feeling of hope.

Throughout this experience I have watched my Mom struggle in silent agony. She and my Dad have been together for 35 years and have roughed this rugged terrain of life together for better or worse. He responds to her voice more than any other, squeezed her finger and no one else's and nodded his head first when she begged him to fight and told him she needs him. Love is a beautiful thing and I am so blessed to have been raised by such unique and inspiring people. This picture was taken by my sister when my Dad first opened his eyes and I'm sharing it with my Mom's permission. It is such a beautiful snapshot into their marriage. Happy Sunday everyone, God is great.

10 comments:

  1. Thank you for the wonderful update! Our family has been praying for you all and sending out love each and every day. We are so hopeful for Judd and love you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, now that I have dried my eyes so I can see to type! Thank you so very much for sharing this VERY special picture as well as the news for this day. Even though it's been eleven months ago yesterday since my wife had her stroke and brain surgery, reading what your family is going through right now makes it feel like it just happened. I am so happy that your Dad is able to focus and squeeze a hand. Yes, unfortunately you do still have a long road, but if my wife is proof of the human spirit and will to live and I know your Dad will fight the same wY for all of his family and for his wife who will be his ROCK now. Thank you for your messages, I finger myself checking my phone every hour for any news. I pray your Dad will continue to have little successes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tender mercies from the Lord. We rejoice in your happiness and the wonderful changes which are taking place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much Che!! We love you guys. We are celebrating each small victory with Uncle Judd and your family. This picture is so precious, it radiates eternal love. Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for sharing these sacred things with all of us; we love your family so much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All I can say is Awesome!!! The picture says a thousand words. I to find myself checking for new updates through out the day. Keep fighting Judd your family needs you. Thanks Chey for keeping us updated. You rock!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are a very talented writer Che'. This picture defines the word Precious. Very grateful for your updates, continually praying for you and thanking the Lord for his mercies.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That picture is priceless! So happy for the progress your Dad is making and the evidence of God's work in motion. Please give your Mom an extra squeeze from me--love to you all, and thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The picture you posted with your update speakes volumes of what true love is...the moment I seen it I started crying and even more so as I read your post! We continue to pray for you and your family and for your dad, who is proving that he is a fighter and he is determined to over come this and he is showing greats signs of that! Thinking of your family daily and praying for more miracles as Judd recovers! Stay strong and keep your chin up, with everyone on his side I know he can win this fight!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I asked him if he could dance and his feet were going crazy for about 30 seconds. Bless his heart, but the only thing I could imagine is what a horrible dancer he probably is. And yep, Sue confirmed it. It was so good to see him again with his eyes open and see him fighting this fight. Again, so many hugs to all of you!! We love you!! ♥

    ReplyDelete